1/25/2015

Somethings Gotta Give- All Time Low

AHHH This song! I can't get enough of it! I don't know what it is about this song that got me hooked! To the All Time Low fans though, this song is considered controversial because it's too close to pop. A lot of people are claiming that they are moving away from pop-punk and only focusing on pop. I disagree with that statement. Sure, there are pop elements in the song, but the song is nowhere near being the same kind of pop music you hear on the radio all the time. The main focus of the music is still guitars and drums rather than any sound made in a booth. Not to mention they threw in that amazing scream at the end. To me they are the same All Time Low that wrote songs like Coffee House Soundtrack.
Yes, this sound is different than many of their other first songs on earlier albums, but what do you expect? All artists grow and develop. ATL is no exception to this. All of our favorite artists have grown and changed in some way. I mean, hello, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are prime examples of this. If you're a fan of One Direction, they've change a lot too and have still managed to maintain the worlds largest fan base. This song is the perfect example of how ATL has grown and adapted and changed. They are still the same great band as before and are continuing to make amazing music. What more could you ask of them? 
The video had me wondering what exactly was going on. Then again all music videos are like that nowadays. If you haven't seen the video, you're going to have to look it up. I have no way of properly describing it to you. I can tell you there are fries, a girl, zombies, and one poor, poor cat. I almost forgot to mention Jack's new hairstyle! He was pretty good looking before, but now... hot damn! Talk about a change for the better! 
If you ask me, All Time Low is back and better than ever. Their new album Future Hearts is going to prove just that! Be sure to check it out if you're a fan of pop-punk music or any music for that matter! Keep an open mind and try something new!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment