6/08/2015

Do you know MKTO?

MKTO! I'm in love. I've been in love! MKTO is an amazing band that has had quite a few hits. The first being an instant classic-- "Classic". They also released "American Dream" as a single which did fairly well on the airways. Their most recent is "Bad Girls". I can't get over this song. No, I can't get over this duo! Malcolm Kelley and Tony Oller are two very talented people who have a back-up band just as talented as them. Their bassist is David Dudley who was also the bassist for Emblem3. That's beside the point though. MKTO is such a talented duo. Just like every other band I've posted about, they should be getting more recognition. It seems like they're finally getting their name out there because they've been performing on morning shows and making other television appearances, but they're pretty much only known for their singles "Classic" and now "Bad Girls". They have so many other songs that should be climbing up the charts and being played on the radio.
What's special about these two is the fact that they met while filming a television show on Nick. So they didn't even meet through the music industry! They decided to form their group shortly after. Their band name seems easy to figure out once you know their names. It's their initials put together. According them it's more than that. To them it also stands for Misfit Kids and Total Outcasts, just like they were in high school. Wow. That speaks to you now doesn't it? They signed with Columbia Records and ended up releasing their first single "Thank You" in January 2013. I love that song and I wish I would have heard it on the radio as often as I heard "Classic".
They've been on tour with one of my favorite bands, Emblem3, twice and have also accompanied Demi Lovato. In the summer of 2014 they went on their own headlining tour. They have one full length album simply titled "MKTO". They don't really fall in to one genre of music. Most of the time it's a great mix between pop and hip-hop. Basically they have great music that will get you up on your feet and moving. They also have an awesome acoustic song ("Wasted") that features only the vocals of Tony and his awesome piano skills. The duo has been nominated twice for Radio Disney Awards.
I don't know what it is about these two that made me fall in love with them and their music so quickly. They are great people with awesome personalities and a butt-load of talent. I guess that's enough to catch my attention. They don't exactly fit in with a lot of the music that is being played on the radio now, but I think they are going to be part of a movement to change that. Just like almost everybody I listen too, they don't follow the mainstream. It seems like they actually try to stay away from it. That's what I love about them. They put in a lot of hard work and deserve the attention that they are finally getting and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment