6/18/2015

Paradise Fears

My newest obsession is with a band from Vermillion South Dakota called Paradise Fears. I absolutely love them. I heard one song and fell in love. Every single song is relatable and lovable. Their music style is classified as Alternative, but they are so much more. They can fit in to the pop-punk and pop-rock categories as well. That's just in my opinion though. I honestly don't think anybody could dislike this band. If you do, I say you're crazy. How can you possibly hate a band that came from a small state like South Dakota? Maybe I have a soft spot for them because I'm from South Dakota... Either way, they are still very talented artists.
The band is rather large with six members. Sam Miller- Vocals; Cole Andre- vocals, guitar, samples, and mandolin; Michael Walker- pianos, keys, vocals; Jordan Merrigan- guitars; Marcus Sand- Bass; Joey Russ- Drums. Lucas Zimmerman was a former member who played the drums. The band formed in 2007 while they were all still in high school. Instead of going to college, they all got full time jobs to pay for their recordings. Then they followed pop punk tours to hand out their debut album Yours Truly to fans waiting in line. They managed to sell 24,000 total copies which made the album peak at number 9 on Billboard's uncharted chart.
They have been on tour with many of my other favorite bands including All Time Low, The Summer Set, The Ready Set, Before You Exit, and The Cab. They have of course toured with many other bands as well. In 2012 they went on their own headlining mini tour. The band has released 7 albums/EPs and they have 11 singles available. They also have put up covers of popular songs on YouTube. Their most popular cover being "Payphone" by Maroon 5. The video racked up over three million views. For being a band from South Dakota they have quite a large following and a great fan-base.
I discovered the band through a friend of mine. I wanted to see what kind of music he was interested in. Paradise Fears was one of them. I had to look them up. Like I said before, I heard one song and fell in love with their sound and their lyrics. It all has meaning and moves me in different ways. Some songs give me motivation others make me feel emotions, brining me to the edge of having a crying session. It's hard to pick a favorite song from these guys. It seems like every song they have is beyond exceptional and I can't help but love it. Recently I've had their song "Fight for Me" on replay. I'm also loving "Yours Truly", "Home", "Sanctuary", and "Hear Me Out". Those are only a few though! Their Spotify is my favorite thing to listen to at the moment.

Anybody that loves emotional music and looks for meaning in what they listen to definitely needs to check out Paradise Fears. If you like All Time Low or even a more preppy band like Before You Exit, you will love them too. They have something for everybody. I think music lovers in general will love them simply because they are such great musicians and writers. They aren't exactly old either. They're fairly young. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I have mad respect for anybody that starts their music career young. It just shows how hard they work and how true their talent is. Paradise Fears should be played on the radio. I think they're great enough to become a household name if they get the airtime they deserve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment