2/07/2015

Shawn Mendes: The breakout star of Vine

It may be odd for me to say this because he's only 16 years old, but I am in love with this kid! I mentioned two other popular viners, Jack and Jack in my last post. Now it's Shawn Mendes turn to shine! He is such a heartthrob, so adorable and sweet. There is no doubt that he will make your heart melt. He has a heart of gold and a great personality. The best part about this kid is his talent. He is the only vine star to actually fully break out from vine and into the music scene. He has already released a best selling EP on iTunes and is now releasing a full album. As soon as he announced that the album was available for pre-order, it sailed straight to the top, bumping down major artists like Taylor Swift.
Shawn started his career posting 6 second videos of him singing popular songs. Every once in a while an original would show up in his feed. He gained thousand of followers. He became a member of the Magcon family and also went on other tours as well. The more he put out, the bigger his fandom got. (That sentence sounds weird, but I don't feel like changing it.) Eventually he put Life of the Party. The song was a huge success. Everybody ate it up. Not only is he an amazing singer, but he is also instrumentally gifted. He can play the piano and the guitar. His song writing skills are pretty kick ass too. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention that.
His music is nothing like you hear on the radio now. It's all relaxing instruments and has an acoustic, chill vibe to it.
That's not the only type of track he can produce though and his most recent single "Something Big" proved just that.This song was wildly popular as well. It was even played in football commercials to promote the games for the week. I remember first hearing it play on the TV. I stood in silence staring at the TV until the commercial was over. Then I freaked out yelling that it was Shawn's song playing. My parents, who are used to my fangirling, shrugged their shoulders and went about their business. It was at the moment I realized just how big of a star Shawn was going to be. He wasn't going to be my little secret anymore.
Now he's releasing a very anticipated album. All of the songs are original and, so far, have reflected how independent of an artist he is. He likes to do things on his own and doesn't follow the crowd either. If you pre-order the album now, you'll automatically get a few downloads to get a preview of the record. I've loved the songs released so far and I cannot wait to hear the rest of the album. To me, the most impressive thing about Shawn Mendes' success is that fact that it all started at such a young age. He's 16 now. He was even younger when all of this started. Having such a great success story to share at his age is unbelievable.
I've learned a lot from this kid. Even though he is younger than me, I would say that he is a role model for me. Everyone can learn something from this talented teen. I learned that I need to start doing something with me life. Honestly, I haven't done much with mine. That's not all though and it's not nearly the most important thing either. Shawn has shown everyone that if you follow your dreams and believe enough that anything can happen. All you have to do is put a 6 second video of yourself on Vine and you'll shoot straight to the top. (Results will vary)
Congratulations to Shawn Mendes! I can't wait to hear your first album! It will definitely be worth the  listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment